Race Information Pack Now Available
Find the information pack here: https://goo.gl/4sydtX
and here’s a Relive video of the course route: https://www.relive.cc/view/g12744735605
Please email email@example.com with any last minute questions.
JULY 4TH – TEAM MANAGERS
Please check your email in-boxes – we need your help to check and finalise your team details in the entry system.
Details are in the email sent to you on July 4th.
Reminder – the team change deadline in 6:00pm on Monday July 10th.
Please use the online self-service link that was included with your entry confirmation email to make any team changes.
You can check the ‘live’ status of all the race participants here: http://my4.raceresult.com/71769/participants?lang=en#1_0766A6
We’re looking forward to seeing you all on the 12th for a great evening’s relay running.
Race Full – Entries Closed
Now it its 27th year, Cosmeston Relays are a chip-timed baton relay race in the picturesque Cosmeston Lakes Country Park, Penarth, organised by Penarth and Dinas Runners (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cosmeston Lakes Country Park is one of the finest country parks in South Wales and is a designated local nature reserve. It offers some scenic running, with views of the lake to start, open countryside and a shaded wooded section.
Each runner completes 1 circuit of the 3 mile (approx.) undulating course in teams of either 3 or 4 runners – and with 11 team categories, there’s plenty of healthy competition and chances to win prizes for athletic club and all-comers teams.
A capacity field of 200 teams entered in 2016. An additional 20 places have been added for 2017, bringing the race limit to 220 teams.
Read on for information about the race and to enter. A full race information pack with detailed joining instructions will be posted here approximately 7 days before the race. Please contact the Race Director via email (email@example.com) with any enquiries.
- The entry fee is £21 per team of 4 (Senior Men and Masters Men 35-44) and £16 per team of three (all other teams), plus a processing fee for each separate card payment.
- Team managers can enter a single team or multiple teams, up to maximum of five per transaction.
- Groups or clubs who want to enter more than 5 teams will need to make multiple transactions. They can decide to appoint multiple Team Managers if they wish.
- CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE RACE ENTRY WEBSITE
- The closing date for entries is 6:00 p.m. on Saturday 8th July 2017 (or earlier if sold-out). There will be no on-the-day entries.
- No refunds will be given for teams/runners that are unable to take part.
- Team changes can be made via an online self-service link that is included in the confirmation email. This facility closes at 6:00 p.m. on July 10th 2017.
Location and Directions
- Cosmeston Lakes Country Park is located about five miles west of Cardiff. The main entrance is 1.5 miles south of Penarth town centre on the B4267 Lavernock Road from Penarth to Sully.
- Address: Cosmeston Lakes Country Park and Medieval Village, Lavernock Road, Penarth, Vale of Glamorgan, CF64 5UY.
- For Satellite Navigation or Google Maps, use the postcode CF64 5UY.
Location Map for Cosmeston Lakes Country Park
Teams Categories and Prizes
Athletic Club Teams
- Senior Men (under 35) – 4 runners per team
- Masters Men (35-44) – 4 runners per team
- Masters Men (45-54) – 3 runners per team
- Masters Men (55 and over) – 3 runners per team
- Senior Women (under 35) – 3 runners per team
- Masters Women (35-44) – 3 runners per team
- Masters Women (45-54) – 3 runners per team
- Masters Women (55 and over) – 3 runners
- Men – 3 runners
- Women – 3 runners
- Mixed – 3 runners
- Prizes will be awarded to the first placed team in all the above categories.
- For purposes of this race, ‘Athletic Clubs’ are running, athletics and triathlon clubs affiliated to Welsh Athletics or UK Athletics. Non-affiliated clubs/groups are entered in the ‘All Comers’ category.
- Athletic club teams must all be members of the same club. A team comprising members of more than one athletic club must enter the appropriate ‘All Comers’ category.
- A team’s age category is determined by the age of the youngest runner in the team.
- A runner can only run once for the same team.
- Athletic club teams must use a team name that includes their club name.
- Athletic club teams must wear a club vest. ‘All Comers’ teams are requested to wear a team kit if possible.
- Race numbers must be worn on the front of the runner’s clothing and be clearly visible at all times.
- Runners must run consecutively according to their allocated letter – A, B and C (and D, if applicable). Note that the ‘C’ numbers used for the race are in two colours. Red ‘C’ numbers with a red bar signify that the ‘C’ runner in the last runner in a team of 3.
- All runners must be aged 17 or over.
- Runners must obey marshals’ instructions at all times.
- Runners must not block the officials’ view at the changeover area, in the ‘Orange Zone’ or at any other points on the course.
- Batons must be carried in the hand at all times.
- Runners must not use any other means to replace or supplement this, such as tucking the baton into/under a sweatband or clothing. Any such action could lead to disqualification.
- The wearing of earphones, headphones or similar devices is not permitted in the race.
- The undulating course is entirely off road within the park, on a variety of paths and across parkland. One section of the course, starting approximately 700m from the finish, is covered twice.
- The course is marshalled at all key points, with additional signage to guide runners through unattended sections. Marshal locations are indicated on the map below.
- Team managers are responsible for ensuring runners are familiar with the layout of the course.
- Bottled water will be available just after the finish line to all finishers.
Parking, Facilities and Race HQ
- Free car parking is available near the park entrance, directed by marshals. It’s a 400m walk from the car park to the race HQ, which is in the barbecue area of the park across the east lake from the entrance (see course map).
- Please car share, use public transport, or come on foot if possible to minimise the road traffic associated with the race and to ease pressure on the car park space.
- Toilets are available near the car parks and will be open until after the race.
Baton and Number Collection
- Team Managers can collect their team batons (containing timing chips) and team race numbers on the evening of the reace from the race HQ area from 5:30pm
- Team Managers will need to attend a pre-race safety briefing at 6:40 p.m.
- Whilst good road shoes should be o.k. for the course, it can be uneven and slippery underfoot in places when wet – so it’s recommended runners wear trail shoes if available (no spikes) for extra grip.
Fitness to Run
- It is the responsibility of the runner to be fit to compete on the day of the race. If any runner has any medical issues which they think might put them at risk when running a race, then they should consult their GP.
- Runners who should seek medical advice from their doctor include those with existing medical problems or symptoms/signs as follows:
- Heart disease
More information on assessing fitness to run can be found on the ‘Fit to Compete?’ page of the Runners Medical Resource website.
- Weather permitting, the intention is to make the presentations near the Race HQ as soon as possible after the last runners have finished.
- The race results will be published as soon as possible on the raceresult (entry) website. Runners will be notified via the Penarth and Dinas Runners’ Facebook page.
Run under UK Athletics rules.
Licence applied for.